quarta-feira, 21 de julho de 2010

Four random things I liked/hated/cringed at:

1.

Mrs. Fabray’s quip about her husband’s affair with a “tattooed freak” – a dig at Jesse James and Sandra Bullock’s marriage troubles maybe? Just a suggestion.

2.
**Prepare to hate me** But seriously, Vocal Adrenalin not only deserved to win, but also had the most exciting performance I’ve ever seen on a TV show. The music, production and (most importantly to me) the choreography was outstanding, and I’d have voted them to number one if I was a judge at Regionals. I especially liked the part where three girls are thrown into the air backwards and caught again by the boys, in quick succession, like a waterfall or some other deadly force of nature. It was astonishing.

3.
**Boyfriend, don’t read this part** Jesse St. James? Hot stuff. Hotter than Finn, Puck, Mr. Schu and Asian Dancing Guy put together. I don’t care that he tore out Rachel’s heart. I don’t care that he’s the bad boy. He comes right up to the ‘slightly camp’ line and stops before he goes too far. And he can sing. *Swoon*.

4.

A couple of observations about the birth of Quinn’s baby: Puck’s stupid grin? Cheese master. He should’ve been crying or looking slightly shocked. He’s 17 and has just seen his child being born. He wouldn’t be smiling. And as for that baby? Cutest thing ever. But it was about 3 months old. It had fully opened eyes and was moving it’s own head. Very unrealistic. It should’ve been 80% blind, very floppy and covered in placenta juice (sorry, but it’s true).

But really, such an amazing episode. There were so many things going on and the producers allowed so many important things to happen. They have confidence that their very loyal audience will all be dying to see season two with or without cliffhangers. Any other TV show would have (a) not revealed who won at sectionals (b) not revealed that Glee Club had another year and (c) stopped just after Quinn announced her water broke.

But Glee doesn’t need us to be hanging onto hopes of a revelation all summer, all it needs is amazing characters, fantastic writing and great music. And it has all three in spades. I hate the phrase “Roll on…” as in “Roll on Season 2”, so I will refrain. But Jeez, I can’t wait for it.


AMBOS OS TEXTOS  SOBRE GLEE FORAM RETIRADOS DAQUI

Sem comentários: